Monday, March 16, 2009

my thoughts on things




my life is my family. what would i do without them or them without me. i like to think i am irreplaceable, but we all know that isn't true.....

welcome to my world

i have the typical, modern american family.  not perfect, but by no means broken.  we are on the proverbial roller coaster of life, sometimes you’re on the straight and narrow and sometimes it’s a  bumpy hell of a ride.  we always seem to work things out.  there are wins and losses, separations and divorces, fights and makeups, but through it all we have one thing that saves us.  a sense of humor and the ability to laugh at ourselves and each other.  
 
my dad never felt sorry for me or my brothers while we were growing up and things were bad.  he wrote in his journal “hard times give you character”.  when i was 17 and first read this after his death i thought what a jerk, but now 30 years later i understand.  it’s all the things that happen in your life that make you who you are, good or bad.  it would of been nice to get a pat on the head instead of a kick in the rear but that didn’t happen, get over it.  i think we have turned out ok, not perfect but by no means broken.

ps the title of my blog doesn't come from me being fearless, it comes from me longing to be fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment